Saturday, January 2, 2010

South to Dumfries ... longest day thus far

Today I walked to the train station at 07:15 to head south to Dumfries, John Paul Jones cottage, Robert Burns house, statue, etc., New Abbey, etc. It was 10:30PM by the time I was back at the house where I am staying. I took many snaps but I am too tired, and it's too late, to sort through them to post a few. I hope to do so tomorrow. My destination tomorrow is St Columba Church, in Glasgow, to hear a sermon in Scots Gaelic. I'll probably then "hang around" Glasgow for a while if anything is open.

3 comments:

  1. trying to post to your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael we are enjoying your journey with you so much. You appear to be having so much fun and seeing so much history. Good for you.

    miss ya glennis and cliff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi M,

    Bad weather here, snowy but not piles of accumulation, just treacherous driving so church was cancelled...Ghillie and I are hunkering down again today, safe and warm with a good book. we miss you very much! Can't wait to here about the Gaelic service!! LOVE j

    ReplyDelete