Monday, December 28, 2009

Safe arrival

It's about 6PM in Scotland. I arrived safely in Glasgow where I was picked up Gordon Campbell who took me to his house for lunch, prepared by his wife Margaret. Lunch was holiday sandwiches of (melted) brie cheese with cranberry sauce. Very different and very satisfying. We visited for a while, I told Margaret why I was traveling in December (no migies !!!) and afterward they drove me to where I am staying, where I was helped tremendously by a friend of my hosts. I was also told that I was obviously dressed for the weather (wearing my usual shorts) there is considerable snow and ice. There is a train station a short distance from where I am staying so tomorrow I will walk to the train, and make best effort to catch a train to Coatbridge. In the meantime, I have been awake, more or less, since about 8AM yesterday morning and need some sleep.

5 comments:

  1. Hi M, I wanted to be the first to 'comment' on your blog; still thrilled for you, hope you rest up and enjoy every moment. I've been tableting all day...tired now. It's starting to storm here..rain now, snow later. We're fine. Hope you can send along some pictures soon. love j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too... me too... me too... Congrats on getting to the UK in fine health and spirit. Tim and I gabbed for two hours at Old Golds today and we missed you (and Pastor David). We'd have had a libation of the Scottish sort, but Tim can only abide Chai tea, and espresso was the strongest Kelly would serve me. I eagerly await your epistles (aka blog reports). Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brother... what was the name of that bottled spirit that you told me was sitting on a shelf in New Hampshire waiting for me to sample? Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear of your safe arrival. Looking forward to pics of all the sights!
    PS What are migies?
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. M, This is just to say I'm unable to access my e-mail at the moment. Will keep trying. Loveyalots! Have a splendid day!

    ReplyDelete