Thursday, May 14, 2009

Eilean Donan Castle (post by Mike)

Some of oor readers received an email from me several weeks ago in which I described what some would consider a coincidence, but I did not. For those who did receive the e-mail the link in this post is the official website to the castle, therefore you might want to visit the site and take a virtual tour. For those who did not receive that email, here is the back story:

For almost 4 years I have been out of full time work and it's been difficult (for many reasons not only financially) but, especially over the past few months, I've found my way again and am confident God will soon answer the prayers for meaningful, rewarding work. However, late in February, while in the early stages of planning the trip, I was filled with doubt about the wisdom of embarking on such an trip considering the situation.

Well, at the beginning of March we received the Intouch Magazine from Dr. Charles Stanley's Intouch Ministries (http://www.intouch.org/). The cover picture was an unidentified castle that looked familiar. Remembering that I have a book of castles from Celtic Lands, I pulled the book from the shelf. The picture on the cover is of: http://www.eileandonancastle.com/ A few days later I was sitting in my home-office and glanced at the calendar, which is of Scotland. The page needed to be flipped from February to March, and when I flipped the page to March guess what picture was March? Yup, Eilean Donan castle.

Coincidence? I think not. Perhaps God is telling us we are going to Scotland?

No comments:

Post a Comment