Sunday, January 3, 2010

A correction, pics from Saturday





























I was informed that I misunderstood the covenenter hangings. So, I updated that blog entry, but to sum up: the Covenenters believed that Christ, not the ruling monarch, was the head of the church. They were killed for that belief.

I have posted some pics of my exploration of Dumfries, and the surrounding area. Robert Burns statue, GreyFriars Kirk (across the street from where Robert the Bruce killed his rival for the crown), New Abbey and Sweetheart Abbey, John Paul Jones cottage (yes, those are palm trees !!!), JM Barrie's house, and sticky toffee pudding !!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures M! Love JPJ's cottage! I knew that was Sticky Toffee Pudding too!! I still have to make some: promise I will when you come home! Love j

    ReplyDelete